Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Here We Go Aagin

Old man winter is going to gift us with yet another major snow storm again tonight. We are under a blizzard warning with 40+ cms of snow on its way and high winds.
We worked last evening after Hubby got home from work to make sure everything got picked up and the shovels are out. The silage is covered up for the cow.
It is suppose to start last into the day today.
I guess this will be our annual St. Patricks  day storm. ( it always seem never to miss us every year.)
Well the kiddies will be happy to have a snow day.

It is not hard to see all the signs for bad weather ahead.  Jill's cat Buttons has been going crazy around the house. Running all through the house. Last night he managed to tip over Jill's Beta fish tank AGAIN..... But this time it was at 2 o clock in the morning, and water everywhere. She got up and saved her fish. But she was not a happy little girl.
After school today she is going to have to move the tank to the corner in of her room, where the cat can not get.
Then I came in after the bus went this morning and Buttons and Franny had got up on the Kitchen table and knocked off my fruit bowl, and tore off the table cloth. What has got into these animals..... The weather....it also has warmed up out doors and it is so nice out....so calm....the calm before the storm....

Last Thurday we went on a day trip to the big city to go to Costco. We stocked up on our staples, and went to a few more stores before heading back home.

We stopped along the way home and picked up a baby month old goat. I was wanting another Toggenburg doe kid, and I finally got the chance to get one. With Cinnie getting ready to pop any day now I should be able to slip this one in with her too. ( well I'm hoping anyway)
But for the time being she is staying in the house. ( yep you read that right, I have a baby goat living in the dining room)
She is getting all the milk she needs from Phoebe.  I milk Phoebe then I was diluting it at first because I thought it might be a little rich for her. She had done well never getting the runs from the milk. She is now getting the raw milk not diluted. She is also getting a little bit of grain and water.
Over the weekend I am hoping to try  and move her into the barn, with a heat lamp, and maybe a sweater, and lots of straw, if Cinnie dose not go by then.

The calves are doing well, as is Phoebe. She is a great Mom, and dose not mind to be milked at all.

Jayne ended up with Gastro over the weekend, but was feeling better Monday for school.
Justin called me Monday morning from school and he had it..... So he has been home all week with it now.
Mom ended up with it too, on Sunday she is still not feeling to good and only taking it slow.I sure hope the rest of us don't get it.

The freezers are sure going down quick now. I went out to the building that has our big deep freezers in it on Saturday, I brought in a couple of weeks worth of meat to put in the smaller freezer in our back porch. I did a check to see how much more meat we have and there is enough for about 6 to 8 weeks worth.
The veggies are going down quick too.
We had fried chicken for Supper Sunday night from one of our meat birds. It was really good with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Monday night we had a pork roast in the slow cooker with apple sauce. We served it with salad and baked potatoes.
Last night we had shepreds pie with biscuits.
Tonight we are having boneless steak in the oven in gravy with pork fried rice from the pork that was left over on Monday night. I also made rolls this morning.
I am debating on taking out a small turkey to have tomorrow night. ( I have this thing with cooking a turkey when it storms.... Seems like the right thing todo.)

Well I better head back over to Moms to see if I can get her to eat a little. Take care and stay warm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica! Seems like we are having the same crazy weather that you are having. Except, we only have a dusting of snow this morning. It is still disappointing, though, because the weather has been so nice. We have two baby goats right now. Willow had triplets, but one was still born. She is doing a good job keeping the babies nice and warm. Quentin went out to make sure at 6 this morning, and they followed Willow out of their house wagging their little tails. Sounds like Phoebe is happy to have the little calves to take care of. Our freezers are getting low also. I have now used up all the frozen peaches, apples, green peppers, and ground deer. All your meals sound delicious! I hope everyone is feeling better now, and you all have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is feeling better now. We had snow and sleet last night here. YUCK! I am glad you got your new baby goat. I was not one bit surprised to hear she was in the house. I don't blame you one bit. I am so glad Phoebe is doing well and her babies. God is good. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete