Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Praying Is Just What The Doctors Ordered

Thank you all for praying for my Mom and our family. Last week they were getting ready to give up on my Mother and letting her go. Well instead they decide to hang on a little longer and she did it. She is doing well. She is off of life support and is breathing on her own. No oxygen she is doing everything on her own. Her blood pressure is back to normal and now we try to get her to eat. If all goes well she could be back on the floor and out of ICU by tomorrow. 

I am terribly sorry I have not posted any updates sooner but I pretty much had been living at the ICU. 
I did get a little break Saturday,Sunday ,and Monday and got to spend sometime home on the farm. 
Saturday was the last fund raiser for Jayne's end of year school trip. It was a BBQ and car wash in town. I was able to attend and it went really well. They raised what they needed to make the trip happen. (The trip is to the capital city of our province. Fredericton which is 3 hours away from us.) 
I will also be attending this trip this year as a chaperon. (I went when Justin was in grade 5 as well) 
We leave on Monday the 18th of June and return the following evening after 7) All the children in grade 5 are looking so forward to it. 

Saturday evening we were all pretty played out from the BBQ and HB had to go to work on night shift. Justin decided to go fishing with the neighbour and I have so missed just lazing around with my weeones watching a good movie. So that is what we decided to do. I rented the new movie, The secret World Of Arrietty. 
This was a great movie and the girls and I enjoyed it so much. It is a great remake of the Borrowers. (which my children have never seen either. I will need to try and get that as it was always one of my favorites)

Sunday morning I went up to the hospital for a bit then came home. I decided to take a little farm time for me. I went out to the yard worked in my garden, planted a few more veggies with the help from Jill. We weeded the peas,and transplanted a few more goodies out of the green house. 
I cleaned out the chicken coop and got to spend a little time with some of the newest additions to the farm.  We  now have 7 Indian runner ducklings, and 4 meat duck babies. The piglets are getting long and have grown so much. They now have began to eat slop so my bucket in the house is back in action. 
I spent some time with the sheep before making my way to the horse paddock. It was a very cold and windy day but great for yard work because of no flies. I mowed the lawns and called it a day. We had a beautiful Roast chicken dinner before HB heading to work and it felt good to have life the way I like it. 


  1. I had been wondering how your mother was doing. I am very glad to hear she is off life support and breathing on her own.

    Jayne's trip sounds exciting. I hope you all have a great time.

    How exciting to have new ducklings! Aren't ducklings the cutest?

    It has turned a little chilly here too. I do like when I can cool the house with outdoor air instead of the heat pump though. :)

    Take care


  2. I am so glad that your mom is doing better. I will continue to pray for your all.

    What a fun field trip to go on. That is great that they can raise money for the trip.

    We had an Indian runner duck once. I like how tall they stand. I hope that you will be able to continue to get some rest.


  3. I am so thankful your mom is doing better. Will continue to pray for recovery. Sounds like you have lots of stuff going on at your place. Enjoy your day and God bless.