Monday, July 9, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

It has been none stop here in our neck of the woods. Last week we got caught up indoors while we had a few days of rain. We cleaned most of the house.On Thursday I made 6 loves of bread and 2 dozen rolls, some sausage buns and hamburger buns. I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and a lemon bread. The smells throughout the house were amazing.
Friday we worked outdoors and the rain had stopped we cleaned up around the barnyard and finally finished up this years shearing and then HB worked at his hay making equipment to get it ready.
Friday night we went to our farm friends for coffee and a nice visit.
Saturday morning after the barnwork was done we decided to take the beetle and the girls as Justin was working for the farmer over the road for the day, and go to the city. We stopped along the way at the farmers market in the next town. It was so nice to shop around and see and smell all the goodies. We stopped and talked to a friend who was selling his goodies there and then went to the city so Hb could buy a boat motor.
We took the long road home and enjoyed our day out. My Mother was having a good day and my Father was visiting her so we decided after supper we would head to the trailer for the night. We quickly packed and were off.
We had a quite early evening with a camp fire.We decided to go to bed and get up early to have a big breakfast and spend the day on the lake. BUT at 7:00 the next morning came a tuk tuk at our trailer door. It was the park rangers looking for me to come and call home as something had happened to my Mom. I called and my Dad had told me that early that morning she had taken a bad turn and had to be moved to ICU. We quickly packed and hurried home. We were back home by 9 and I went to see her. She is stable again but sure is not out of the woods yet.
Last evening I got home after 7 and had supper that HB had made up. Burnt hamburgers and hot dogs he had barBequed. (He is to sweet,that I did not have the heart to say a word about them and ate them anyway) After I ate I decided to take the last few hours before dark and mow the lawns. Mowing the lawns is a full time job around here it seems. You just get it all done and it seems that it is time to start over again.

This morning I was up early and made a big breakfast of eggs,pancakes and sausages as Justin was leaving early to go fishing before going to work for the farmer for the day.The girls got up and made me wonderful birthday cards as today is my birthday. 35 years old today. HB sat down next to me and smiled and said your Birthday gift is not ready yet and I don't want to tell you anymore. It will arrive in the next few weeks and you will never guess. Now hearing that from my HB is a bit exciting but at the same time scary. I never know what to expect from him as he always get me the greatest gifts but very different.


 I got the house cleaned up and worked a little on the new pond we are putting in the front yard. I went to the hospital to visit with my Mom but could only stay a few minutes as she was going for different tests and would not be back for a couple of hours. I came home and my Mom in law was here. She brought me a wonderful card and a cute little solar light with bird on it that hangs.

I put a roast of pork in the slow cooker this morning and we had that for supper with mashed potatoes and green salad. We are now using the lettuce from the garden as well as the radishes. We had a early supper as HB was starting his first night shift tonight and had to leave early.

I made up a batch of oatmeal cookies after supper while the girls cleaned off the table and filled the dishwasher. They turned out good and they got to have one for desert. I had a cup of coffee with mine and decided to take a little break tonight.




4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica! You have been busy. All your baked goodies sound delicious. I am sorry to hear about your mom. I am still praying for your mom. That was so sweet of your husband to cook supper for you. Happy, happy birthday! Now I am excited to know about your gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy. I can only imagine all the smells in your house from your baking.

    I am praying for you all and your mom. That has got to be very draining on you and your dad.

    Happy birthday. I can't wait to hear what your gift is. Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day. I'm sorry about your Mom. I will keep her in my prayers. You certainly have been busy. I can't wait to see your birthday present. That sure was sweet of your hubby to cook supper. All of our baking sounds so yummy. What are sausage buns?

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jessica. Madison just started a new blog www.toyamusement.wordpress.com I thought your girls might enjoy reading.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete