Saturday, November 9, 2013

Baking powder???

I have always used just plain baking powder. I guess it is wht you call single acting.
The other day I went into the next town to the local coop store there. They always have great items marked down in the front of the store in shopping carts. I can find at least one great deal. Well that day I hit a good one. I got lots of candy decorating sprinkles in a variety of Christmas colors for 50cents a pack, a few packs of icing, and a large can of double acting baking powder for $1.00
BUT......
I'm not sure what it is. Can you substitute double acting for single?
Does anyone else know? Has anyone ever used the double acting before?
I wonder if I use the same amount?

I figure I should try and make something with it and see if it turns out :)

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link about baking powder.

    http://www.tasteofhome.com/cooking-tips/ask-the-test-kitchen/double-acting-baking-powder

    That is all I ever use. It sounds like you got some great deals.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete