Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's Been A Couple Of Weeks

It's seems like so long since I last posted on the blog. Things are still busy around here. The time of year has a whole lot to do with it.

Last week we got a whole lot done. We have been finishing up putting in our firewood. We got our first beef cow brought home and then got the dirty work done, and it is hanging in the cooler. I worked on some apples, making apple butter,made another batch of salsa. Made a batch of slow cooker ketchup,and bottled the rest of the tomatoes,and finished up with the zucchini. HB picked our pumpkin patch with the kiddies. We had so many pumpkins,with so many big ones.

Over the weekend my friend and I got to take off Saturday on the four wheelers just us girls,no men,no kids and drove on the beautiful fall trails. It was great.
Mom is doing well and I am hoping to bring her home for Thanksgiving.
This week I did a lot indoors as we got some rain. So it was cleaning the house kind day Monday and Tuesday.I also got outside in between showers and got my annual plants dumped out and cleaned the window boxes. I put out a couple of mums for fall,and did a little decorating. I could not finish yet as it began to rain once again.
Yesterday I did up more apples, a few more pies to freeze, and 6 more apple crisps to freeze. Just juice and cider left to make.

Next week it's pumpkin week here. Pies, preservers, cooked to freeze, and get ready for Thanksgiving.

The children are all doing well after being back to school for almost a month now. Jayne has taken us all by such a surprise with loving middle school,being invoked in soooo much. She is running for student council and has worked super hard on her campaign, by making all her own posters(scrapbooked of course) made her very own campaign video. (To cute) everyone is super excited with all she has already accomplished even if she does not win.


So that just about wraps things up here on the farm. Till the next time.....

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy. We need to pick our pumpkins before we get a frost. We have a lot of big ones also. So glad that you mom is doing good.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are super busy around your house! Everything sounds delicious! It is good to hear your mom is doing well and might get to come home for Thanksgiving. I am glad school is going well for everyone. Way to go,Jayne, for all your hard work!

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, but fun times! I'm glad your mom is doing better. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jessica! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Have a great weekend.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Jayne wins! Wow, she should be so proud of herself. :) I love anything pumpkin. I can't believe thanksgiving is right around the corner. I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing better. A four wheeler ride sides so relaxing. I wanted to stop by and say thank you for the sweet comments you left about baby Molly. I'm short on time but I'm still keeping up on you guys. I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jessica, just thinking about you and wondering how your mom is doing? I hope all is well at your house and your kids are having a great year of school. I am sure they can't wait for Christmas break!

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete