Thursday, February 3, 2011

Clean up,tummy ache and meatballs

On my Tuesday's post I said I was going to make some oatmeal cookies and also make some with fudge filled. I also said I would take pictures and I was not able to do that due to some tech. problems with my camera that day. However I am happy to post both my families old fashioned oatmeal cookie recipe and the filling recipe as well.
Oatmeal Cookies
1C. B.sugar
1C. shortening
1 egg
1/2 C. cold milk
1t. vanilla
1t. salt
2C. oatmeal
2C. flour
2t. baking powder
1/2t. b.soda
Leave oatmeal shortening egg and milk sit 10 mins. to soak.
My aunt always said to me to add more flour if sticky.
I use a nice round cookie cutter with a scalloped edge to it. I also make mine thick so they are not to hard.

Filling for oatmeal fudge filled cookies
1c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cream
2T. butter
boil together 2-3 mins. beat well add sifted icing sugar until stiff. Just a little at a time till you get it thick and not runny. (I have never had a amount for my icing sugar I always just keep adding till I get it where I want it)

I also made some changes the other night. We were suppose to have meatloaf for supper but instead we made fries,hamburgers and I made up some mayo and we made a potato salad.
We took out on Sunday 6 older roasts of beef out of the freezer and left them overnight and then Monday night HB and I deboned them and put them through the hamburger machine. I then had 20 pounds of hamburger to cook up. We had those hamburgers,yesterday I made meatballs,meatballs and more meatballs. I cooked all of them on cooking sheets in the oven,then made a sauce for last night for supper.
1 bottle of apple jelly
1cup of ketchup
2T. butter
bring to boil on stove until dissolved. wisk and then pour over meatballs and I then heat in the over at supper time. We had rice and veggies with it for supper.
I froze the rest of the cooked meatballs in bage of 50 and ended up with three more bags. (Please remember that  I cooked my meat after unthawing it I did NOT freeze then refreeze. as that is a NONO!)
I have enough ground beef left to make egg rolls.
Wile I was cooking my meatballs I got a call from Jill she had a tummy ache and I had to go and get her at school. She is still home with me today. She still says her tummy hurts. (I think she got the groundhog flu we have been telling her) LOL
besides cooking I have finally gotten 2 pairs of mittens done for Jayne and Jill and  Jayne a new scarf. I think my knitting is finally caught up. Except just when I thought I could start something else Justin informs me that we needs new socks. HUM! I guess a mom's knitting is never done!

Today I did my housework and spent sometime with Jill reading. I went to get my camera cord in my basket in the pantry that I keep all our chargers in and thought ok enough is enough time to get it cleaned as well.
                                                                              I went from this
                                                                   TO THIS!

WITH THESE GREAT THINGS!

Yep my day is better now. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you organized all the cords. I need to do some like that. I hope that your little one is better soon.

    I have ground steaks before, but not roasts. I will have to remember that. You got a lot of meals out of that.

    Have a great afternoon and evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete