Monday, February 21, 2011

Is February really the shortest month?

Well We had another snowstorm again Friday. The children got out of school at 11 and I ran to pick them up. It snowed all weekend and is still snowing as I look out all the windows here.


Ok I am sure ready for my pool. I think that this is the longest February in history.

All we have done is clean snow. (just ask my back)
besides that everyone is well. I am back to Monday cleanning as usual and for supper tonight is Chicken and dipping sauce with noodles,rice and veggies. Here is my chicken recipe.



This recipe makes 8 servings


4 tsp (18 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
3/4 tsp (4 mL) chili powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin
1/4 tsp (1 mL) coriander
1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
1 large chicken, (about 4 lb/2 kg)


Combine oil, paprika, chili powder, pepper, cumin, coriander and cayenne; brush over chicken. Truss chicken and marinate in fridge for 1 to 8 hours.

Set chicken breast side up on greased rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in 325°F (160°C) oven for about 35 minutes per lb (500 g) or until juices run clear when pierced with fork and internal temperature reaches 185°F (85°C). Transfer to platter; let stand for 10 minutes before carving.


Dipping Sauce


Serve this easy-to-make dipping sauce with roast chicken. 

This recipe makes 2 servings


1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
1/4 cup (50 mL) prepared barbecue sauce


In saucepan, whisk stock with barbecue sauce; bring to simmer over medium-high heat, whisking. Serve with chicken.



Hb is still working as his job is hanging on for another week or so. He has to make his choice this week on what job offer he will take. He has not yet heard back from his interview so I am guessing it will be out of town. 
Well I here my buzzer for the dryer going off so Jayne bedding is dry. Talk soon. Take care and I wish you all a great less snow day!

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of snow. I am so glad that we don't usually get that much. Your chicken recipe sounds good. I have been praying for your husband's job situation.

    Have a great evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your husband is still able to work, that there is still something for him to do at work. *smile* My oh my! but you have some SNOW there doncha. *smile* Have a lovely day with your little ones enjoying the chill of winter weather you have there. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete