Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Taking It Easy

We had a wonderful long Thanksgiving weekend. The weather was amazing with a high of 30 degrees on Saturday ans Sunday.(this is so abnormal for this time of year)
Saturday the girls went to a kids scrap at the local scapbooking shop. They did a 2 page Halloween layout.

These are Jill's layouts


and here's is Jayne's


This class happens the second Saturday of the month and Jayne has gone before but not in a very long time,and this was Jill's first time. They both had a great time and did very well. They can't wait to go again.


We had a nice Thanksgiving Day on Monday with a cool breeze and temps around 17 degrees and the colors were amazing as well.
I cooked a turkey and stuffed it with a potato stuffing. We had new potatoes out of the garden,and carrots,beans,peas,and broccoli. I boiled up some fresh cranberries and we had a pasta salad, lemon pineapple   salad, coleslaw, and homemade rolls. For dessert we had of course pumpkin pies that I made on Saturday topped with whipped cream.

We all were stuffed after and lazed around for the rest of the evening.
Today I am taking it easy, due to the fact that I had my laser surgery for glaucoma this morning. It was not to bad but I do have a a little bit of a headache and light sensitivity. I have drops to take for the next few days and am not able to bend my head for 2 days as well. (I guess someone else gets to make my bed)
I was up very early this morning. I made up a quiche for breakfast with some ham and toast. I put a roast of beef into the slowcooker with some broth and onions to cook for the day. HB will help me with the weeones boil some water and cook some egg noodles to make some buttered herb noodles to serve with the roast. There is also leftovers in the fridge of stuffing, veggies,and salads, and of course pie too.
I am almost bored laying on the couch in my PJ's watching TV and checking out my favorite blogs on the laptop. (I am not use to this)
So I guess I'll have a little rest now and wish you all a great Fall day!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Was your mom able to go home for the day? I hope your eye gets better soon! Love the girls pages! I bet they are getting excited for Halloween. Try to take it easy and let hubby pamper you today :)
    Many Blessings,
    Cary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your surgery went well. I will continue to pray for your recovery. The girls did a great job on their pages. What a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner you had. It all sounded so good.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (late) Thanksgiving to you and your family. Jayne and Jill's scrapbook pages look great. They did such a good job. Your pumpkin pies look so good too. We have a few pumpkins we need to get cut up. I am glad your surgery went smoothly. I hope it won't give you too much trouble.

    Take care.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete