Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bad News

HB came home from work yesterday with the news that no one wants to here. He got his lay off. The company did not get there contractors for the 2011 year, so are only keeping 4 employees. I could not believe it. We were in this boat a few years back and it was not a good time or good feeling. He made a lot of phone calls last evening and is hopeful that he will get work with another company. He also contacted friends that are high ranks in mines both at the southern end and out in Ontario. They can find work for him but he will have to travel.(I have done this before and it is very hard on us but if he has to then we will manage)
I will spend the day setting out to see where our nest 3 pays will go. (last day Feb.19th) As long as our bills get paid we can survive. We have freezers full of food and I will cut back on everything else for the time being.
It really is a shock as we were not expecting this at all.
Well I better go make breakfast for the weeones.

4 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    I will be praying for your husband to find a job. That is so hard to cut expenses, etc.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this. What a shock. You sound like you're handling it well. What type of work does your husband do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....That really IS not good news! Sounds like he is hard working and will push to find another job though....that part is good news. I can imagine how awful it is for women whose husbands are lazy on top of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,I'm soo sorry.I hope he will be able to find another one soon. I know all will work out for you all.I'm so glad you have lots of food put away so you will not have any worries there.I am sure things are gonna work out for you all. The Lord will take care of everything.I will keep you all in my prayers!!Keep us updated.

    Thank you so much for the recipe! I am looking forward to trying it out. The last time I made ribs I just stuck them in the oven and they turned out so tough.I never thought of boiling them first.I'll let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete