Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Another Cool Morning

The last 2 mornings we have had to put small fires on in the kitchen stove. Just enough to take the chill out of the house at 4:30, so by the time the kiddies awoke for school the house was warmed. I took out the winter quilts and hung them on the line yesterday to air out before placing them on the beds. It is so strange how as soon as September hit, it was like someone turned a switch to Fall.

We had a lovely roast chicken dinner for supper last night. I also made 2 pans of rolls. We all ate to much as usual, and I had enough chicken left over to make sandwiches for the lunch boxes today. Tomorrow I will use the rest to make a noodle soup. 

After I got back from Moms this afternoon I decided to clean off my desk in my crafting corner, as it has became a collect all over the summer. I was in there and heard the dogs barking. I came out to look out the window to see what was going on. Jayne was coming up the lane as she took the early bus home. I was very surprised because she had washer toss after school today. But poor Jayne had a ear ache and was not feeling the best. I warmed up some ear drops,placed a piece of cotton and gave her a Advil. She had a bowl of soup with a roll, and began to feel a little better. 

Tonight we had shepherds pie, toss salad, and mini biscuits. I so love to see my family come home and enjoy a good hearty meal after a long day away. They ate up the rest of the turkey soup that was left in the soup pot before supper was ready. ( I guess school makes you hungry) :)

We worked in the barn yard tiding up after supper, Hubby worked late and joined us after he got home and ate. Hubby took the backhoe and scraped out the horse paddock. We were just finishing up when friends of ours pulled up the lane. They are farmers as well and wanted to come and see Phoebe our new addition to the family. We had coffee and then they headed on their way as it gets dark so early now and they still had to bring there sheep in. 

Tomorrow is a drying green bean day. ( at least I'm going to try) I have never done this before but I'm willing to give it a try. Thanks to Donna over at Merry Heart Crafts, I feel I am ready to take on the challenge. 

We are expecting a lot of rain over the next few days well right till Monday I guess. So I was busy pulling and picking in the garden before the rains. 
Beets, relish, brocolli,cauliflower, and apple jelly is on the agenda over the week end.

We ladies I guess my eyes are starting to get heavy so good night, and I wish you all a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. We have been having humid days and cool nights. I love the cool nights. Your meals always sound delicious! I hope Jayne is feeling better from her ear ache.

    ReplyDelete