Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wooly Work

Good morning, another nice start to a the day without any rain. However we feel how much the temps have changed over the last week or so. It is so Fall like now. We are however expecting a high of 20 degrees today.
I will at least get some more laundry out on the line.
I thought I would share a little from my under construction fiber studio with you today. I have been in there a lot lately with the weather not so pretty outdoors. (what else to do when it is raining)
We had a nice heap of wool this Spring from our sheep,as well as a bit from the Llamas. We all took part in the sheering and the girls and I worked hard this Summer skirting, washing drying ,carding,spinning and dying. The colors were beautiful and we all had our favorites.
I wanted to card up some fall batts in some nice fallish (if that's a word) colors.
I think turquoise is my new favorite color next to terra cotta .

Thank you to my lovely flock another satisfying year.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I imagine you do all kinds of great projects with them. How fun to learn to do it all from sheering to finished project.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fiber looks wonderful. How do you find the time? I still have fiber from two years ago, not washed or carded. Now it's shearing time again and I really need to some of this done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would love to be able to do that! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete