Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hamburger Soup

I thought I would share a warm comfort recipe today, as it is a freezing -28 out there. We made this yesterday to have in the house as a hearty soup for the next few days to go with our meals. It is one of my families favorites.
Hamburger Soup

I fry a pound of ground beef in the fry pan and drain the fat off then add it to my crock pot. I add a large onion finely chopped and a few carrots finely chopped as well. I add a couple stocks of celery finely chopped.
I add a can of mushrooms, a can of tomato soup, a large can of tomatoes and 6 to 8 cups of water. Salt and pepper to taste(I always add lots) and a little dried basil
I let this cook away all day in the crock pot and about a hour or so before serving I add a cup or little more(depending on how hearty you want it) macaroni.
and that's it.
It even freezes so well,and is even better the next day or 2 or 3........


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica, you sure are having some freezing temps! I put on a pot of bean soup after reading your post yesterday. :) Your hamburger soup sounds and looks delicious!

    I hope you are having a great day.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really good on such a cold day. I hope that you all stay warm.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!Makes me want a big bowl of it now :) I think I'll make this this weekend. Thanks for sharing!
    Cary ann

    ReplyDelete